Coltishall is a village (population 2001 – 1,405) on the River Bure, west of Wroxham, in the English county of Norfolk, within the Norfolk Broads. The population at the 2011 Census had increased to 1,503.
Coltishall was a place of note even when the Domesday Book was compiled. In 1231 the village was made a free town by King Henry III.
A complete history of the village and rectory up until the 1730s was compiled by Robert Parr, the then Rector.
For 250 years Coltishall was a centre of the malting industry. Many Norfolk wherries (trading ships) were built here.